Wednesday, June 18, 2008

my sports medicine blog

I've been a board-certified podiatrist since 1992. I ran track and cross country in high school followed by a short-lived track stint at Indiana University as a walk-on. When I injured my achilles tendon, I switched over to bike racing and tried my hand at IU's Little 500 Bike Race popularized in the 1970's hit movie "Breaking Away."

Years later, I tore my ACL playing soccer just before turning 40. I realized that I would need to take my conditioning much more seriously to avoid further injuries. So I sought out the best rehab protocols and programs out there today. Now I do my best to integrate everything I've learned into my state-of-the-art sports-medicine practice. I try to maintain an active lifestyle: a decade as a snow-ski instructor, road biking, conditioning, and yoga, all of which has allowed me to stay injury free for the past eight years. Part of the key to remaining healthy is ti incorporate your workouts into your daily commute.

I'll be sharing knowledge from my medical practice and my experience with athletes, information that will be useful for both the weekend warrior and more serious athlete: for training and living injury free. Stayed tuned in for special guests--friends and athletes with their own stories to tell. I welcome your feedback.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog on podiatric sports medicine. Awesome!

Janey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. You seem to know you're stuff when it comes to podiatric sports medicine. Keep 'em coming!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I was getting into podiatric sports medicine up in IL, and you've just helped me out. So thank you good sir.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking around at podiatric sports medicine in IL and didn't realize how many options I have! Thank you for your help!

tyleragent said...

Good info, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good podiatric sports medicine tips that they're willing to share? Because that would be very helpful.

Unknown said...

First off, love the title. Now, I think it's important to realize that the podiatric sports medicine in Elmhurst, IL has never been better.

Unknown said...

I really admire what you do. My cousins all play soccer and one of them really messed up her leg. It totally derailed her for a while, but she got back on her feet. Sports medicine is so important. Thank goodness for medical professionals like you.

Jane | http://www.activeorthopedic.com/

Unknown said...

This would be a perfect career path for my cousin. He has always been really into sports growing up. Unfortunately he got hurt his senior year of high school so can no longer play. I have heard him talking about maybe going ot school to be a doctor so I think this would be perfect.

Hannah | http://www.drschoene.com/services/sports-medicine/
Hannah |