Monday, January 19, 2015

Treating my Achilles Tendon With Amnion Cells

Regenerative medicine is fairly new to sports medicine.Amnion tissue contains proteins that have anti-inflammatory proteins and growth factors.The cells have little imumogenic activity which means there is no issue with rejection. I've been battling my own achilles tendonosis injury for some time trying lasers yoga and compression sleeves. Amnion tissue is also considered immune privileged because it does not have factors which could be rejected. I used guidance with ultrasound to localize the area which was injured. So far so good . Played soccer once last week and ran easy once over the weekend. The repetition of game speed will determine how effective the shot was for me in the end. Anyone that tells you any different is selling false hope. You can find out more information about receiving this treatment at Arlington Foot and Ankle.

No comments: